Young People Ask - What Will I Do With My Life
Last Sunday, I was able to watch the video Young People Ask - What Will I Do With My Life with some friends. It is really a must-see video, especially for teenagers who are currently experiencing a crossroad in their lives.
Notable points in the video:
1. All you need is a bowl and spoon to survive. We don’t need to have all the “good things” in life.
2. Unless you serve God zealously, you will feel empty.
3. We can use our lives in vain pursuits, but we will end up striving after wind.
4. “No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. YOU cannot slave for God and for Riches.”
5. “On account of him I have taken the loss of all things and I consider them as a lot of refuse…”
Andre (the main character) gave up his opportunity to be the best player in the running team, and thus let go of the opportunity of getting a college scholarship and joining the Olympics. However, he got more than what he sacrificed. He got baptized, served as a full-time minister, and was invited to study in the MTS. The beaming smile on his face as he relays his experience in front of his family in the assembly has surpassed even the largest trophy in the world.
Thanks to this video, I was strengthened that I made the right choice. Serving in as a regular pioneer (full-time minister) has helped me keep things in focus. Even the most expensive car model could not be compared to the joy of sharing the good news to other people and seeing them transform their lives for the better. Even a Doctorate’s diploma would not surpass the inner peace and joy I feel whenever I am with the organization of God-loving people. Yes, I am sure of what I will to do with my life. I am determined to run in the road of life in accordance to God’s will.