Despite all the interactive people I get along with, despite all the laughter reverberating in my ears, despite all the gabfest I have with friends and family, despite all the gatherings and keep-in-touch moments and despite the people-orientedness in me…
I sometimes find myself in solitude.
Secluded from the roaring sound of the noisy world, I find my self alone.
Isolated in a momentary breeze and captured in a private world.
And I love it. :)
In this busy world of mingling with all sorts of people, I love a good time with myself.
Just to share, here are things that make life more fulfilling when you are alone:
· Have a good read – Indulge in a worthy book while having a good cup of frap.
Recommendations: “Keep Yourselves in God’s Love”, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Night Music (promotion..hehe)
· Meditate on blessings received for the past year, see how things have changed, and note the lessons learned. Don’t do this in a public place, otherwise, people will get an “impression” of you.. hehe
· Take time to appreciate the wonderful creation around you. Stroll in the park, smell the fresh air, look at the floras, and watch the sun set. Remarkable time! Added thrill when you bring a camera and capture the colorful things. (Then make an online album of it..:P)
Trivia: Watching the sunset alone tends to make people suicidal. Fallacy! I did it and I’m still alive. Haha I guess this statement is relative.
· Stroll in the mall. You don’t have to buy a thing. Window Shopping comes in the vocabulary when there’s a strict budget. But believe me, shopping releases stress :)
· SPAmper yourself. Occasionally, have a Swedish massage to rest out the tired muscles.
· Learn a new thing – memorize the lyrics of a new song, practice a new software, etc. Have a thirst for knowledge, dear.
· Blog. Don’t let your ideas go to waste. Put them into writing. Who knows, someone might appreciate the insight.
So the next time you find yourself in solitude, enjoy the moment and make the best out of it :)