Friday, July 10, 2009

Colors and Pitch Black

Striking colors. Blended with darkness.


When sunlight hits the colors of this capis glass, colorful rays are emitted throughout the room.
Intricate designs are silhouetted which proves to be pleasurable to the eye.
I gazed in wonder for a few seconds at this spectacular display, and slowly zoomed out my view.


I suddenly noticed two smaller openings underneath.
Suddenly a melancholic feeling grew into me...
I imagined two bulging eyes staring at me.
Outside, sunlight trickles all sorts of living forms, but here I am surrounded by pitch black darkness, barred by this structure.
I sprinted as fast as I could to get outside.

I realized that even when life is in darkness, there are still colorful things that may happen. We just have peek into the light from beyond and work our way out of darkness.

No comments: